Discipline: Multi Events & Relays
Association: Southwestern Community College
- 100m – 12.61s (06/07/2019 – 2019 Oceania Grand Prix, Lautoka)
- 100m Hurdles – 15.72s (16/05/2019 – NJCAA D1 Outdoor Track & Field Championships)
- 200m – 24.91s (20/07/2019 – 2019 Pacific Games, Apia Samoa)
- 400m – 57.45s (09/04/2018 – 2018 Commonwealth Games Gold Coast, Australia)
- 800m – 2:29.90s (22/04/2017 – 2019 Coca Cola Games Suva, Fiji)
- High Jump – 1.44m (20/07/2019 – 2019 Pacific Games Apia, Samoa)
- Long Jump – 5.59m /(16/05/2019 – 2019 NJCAA D1 Outdoor Track & Field Championships)
- Shot Put – 9.44m (20/07/2019 – 2019 Pacific Games, Apia Samoa)
- Javelin – 30.97m (20/07/2019 – 2019 Pacific Games, Apia Samoa)
- Heptathlon – 4550pts (20/07/2019 – 2019 Pacific Games, Apia Samoa)
Ever since the absence of Milika Tuivanua and Soko Salaniqiqi from the sport, Fiji has never had another multi event athlete till the like of Elenani Tinai came along. Known for her 800m, 400m and 4x400m prowess, Elenani made a switch to the multi events soon after joining Southwestern Community College after the coaches there saw her built and potential in the explosive events.
Spending only half a year adapting to her new events, it wasn’t long that she was called up for national duties to represent Fiji at the 2019 Pacific Games as a heptathlete instead of what she was traditionally known for among-st her peers, that is, a 400m and 4x400m specialist.
From the very first event of the 2019 Pacific Games Heptathlon, Tinai dominated all 7 events and walked away with a gold medal after 2 grueling days of heptathlon mania. But she wasn’t done there, Elenani was then seen running the 2nd leg and 4th of the 4x100m relay and 4x400m relay where she won a gold and silver medal respectively.
In such a short time, Elenani has shoved her way to the Top 10 All Time list for Heptathletes in Fiji and sits behind Sainiana Tukana by about 200 points. Coach Albert Miller Snr says that she is on track to break the National Record of 4822 points if she continues and improves on her current form.